Astrill VPN made number of improvements to their excellent service this summer. Possibly the greatest update is the addition of the number of countries being offered. Simply six months back they were offering their services in only 4 countries, right now they are offering their services in 44 countries! That’s an incredible improvement considering they achieved this in just 6 months!
Astrill VPN Plans
They also have altered their prices structure as well as offered plans. They don’t offer the 1 month plan anymore, and have also removed recurring/automatic transaction. Their short term plan is now 3 months, having 6 and 12 month options available too.You can check Astrill VPN plan here.
Astrill has also lately launched version 2.2 of their Astrill VPN software client. Astrill VPN uses OpenVPN protocol and further they have their own superb software which makes installation as well as operation of the VPN service very simple.
Updates in Astrill VPN client v2.2 include:
- Support for DD-WRT compatible WiFi routers
- Integrated, lightweight and powerful Web Cache in OpenVPN client. This will increase the speed of your web surfing when using Astrill OpenVPN.
- New settings panel for Media Recorder. Improved support for saving videos from YouTube. Ability to save many streaming Flash videos (Windows only).
- New command line installer for Linux (for using Astrill on officially unsupported distros).
- Basic and Expert Mode. By default Astrill will run in Basic mode. This mode will hide advanced features to make Astrill more easy to use for non-experienced users. You can switch to Expert Mode in the Help menu.
- Experimental IPv6 support (OpenWeb mode only).
Many Many Congratulations to Astrill for the expansion of their services in 44 countries and also the software updates from VPNChoice.com