Well more than 22 million people reside in Australia. It is the 50th most populous country of the World and their main cities include Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra (the capital) ,Brisbane, Perthand Hobart. Modern Australia has approximately 8 million Internet subscribers and approximately 37 ISPs. People usually want to use VPN in Australia so they can get having access to 4oD, Netflix, Hulu, iPlayer, and many other streaming services and internet websites which are geographically limited to US, UK or to other areas of the world.
This is also a hot news that Australia would begin censoring 500 or even more websites from July, 2011. Most people try to look for a method to bypass this specific censorship to test surf and take advantage of the internet just as they accustomed to prior to the starting of censorship by Australian Media Authority (ACMA). There are actually lots of methods to bypass censorship in Australia such as Proxy, Tor, Google DNS and VPN but only VPN is a reliable method. While others such as proxy and google dns are not secure. They keep your log files and proxies frequently remain inactive. Therefore, if you need to surf the internet just like other netizens around the world, and stay away from any local firewalls, you must use a VPN connection.
How to Choose Best Australian VPN
As in the selection of VPN services in other countries, finding the best Australia VPN is predicated on a set of factors revolve around service reliability, affordability, ease of use, comprehensiveness, and feedback from other clients regarding the customer service efficiency of the brand. Consequently, because Australia is not a country where censorship of the internet is a big issue, a VPN service should focus more on anonymity and the minimization of hacking risks more than gaining access to your favorite websites outside of Australia.
Let’s assess these considerations in a more systematic way by looking at the most essential criteria for selecting the best Australian VPN.
What to Look For in the Best Australia VPN Service?
The most obvious criteria for selecting the best VPN service already revolve around four essential areas of consideration:
- VPN Infrastructure. This refers to the technology on offer by the service provider. To put it in simple terms, not all VPN services are created equal. Some are more secure than others and if a VPN service offers a package between the most and least secure VPN protocol, there is no doubt that the best package is the one containing the most secure connection.
- Comprehensiveness. A VPN service is intended to protect you from malicious attacks by other users but it should not preclude you from accessing your favorite websites wherever those websites may be located. There is no sense for a VPN service to provide protection when all that it can do is allow you to log-on to Facebook, watch videos on YouTube, and that’s it! The best Australia VPN should be able to give you access to a variety of websites as well including, perhaps, Jamie Oliver’s website in the UK, or a blogger in Iran sharing about the risks of government-backed censorship on the internet in order to hide its wrongdoings from the outside world.
- Price. In the same way, a VPN service is only as good as the price for which it is offered. Naturally, the best packages tend to be the most expensive although this is not necessarily the case in all scenarios. It is actually possible that you can find a comprehensive service at a more competitive rate than one that is limited. This traces back to the strength of a brand in terms of infrastructure. Consider; a more established brand which has more customers get more revenue that it can use to maintain its systems. As such, it can charge a lower amount because there are more customers to divide the expense.
- Reliability. If a VPN brand makes you pay for a month’s worth of service but is offline half of that time, then you are not really getting your money’s worth. In this regard, it is important to look at what other customers have to say about a brand’s reliability because that is the only good measure of how a brand is performing relative to others.
What VPN Brands in Australia Merit the “Best” Tag?
Not surprisingly, there are many VPN brands that have operations within Australia. The typical brands that are present in almost every country in the world are also in Australia including PureVPN, Hidemyass, IAPS, StrongVN and Express VPN. In the same way, these are the same brands that compete for your attention as to the best Australia VPN on the market.
But in an objective manner, how do these brands stack up versus each other? Which one can be rightfully considered the best Australia VPN?
The truth is that it depends on the preferences of the reader. However, there are a few essential facts that jump out straight away with a simple comparison of the five mentioned brands.
- In terms of VPN infrastructure, Hidemyass and IAPS offer the most concise package consisting of PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, SSL and OpenVPN protocols. These are the most recognized VPN infrastructures worldwide and will work for a variety of applications with a high degree of reliability.
- In terms of comprehensiveness, IAPS stands as the clear favorite. It has services in over 100 countries worldwide and all are capable of masking your IP address so you cannot be tracked and will always remain anonymous.
- From a price perspective, we like what we saw from Hidemyass. For Australians, the package is worth $6.55/month with unlimited bandwidth and accessibility to all infrastructure options in one package.
- From a reliability perspective, PureVPN joins Hidemyass and IAPS as the three most reliable provides based on client ratings online.
So Which is the Best Australia VPN Brand?
The data shows that it is a clear toss-up between Hidemyass and expressVPN. We tend to favor Hidemyass because of its “easy to understand” package offerings versus the more complicated marketing strategy for expressVPN. Still, once you get passed that concern, the service speed, comprehensiveness, reliability and price are virtually on a dead heat.
So if you want a secure internet connection in Australia, choose the best Australia VPN from either Hidemyass or expressVPN. It will solve a lot of your privacy and security problems and are guaranteed to offer affordable services that will deliver as promised. Really, what more can you ask for from a company that guarantees your safe and secure log-in times on the internet?
Here you go with the Top VPN Service providers for Australians, that want to use internet without any restriction and without any censorship and would like to access all geo-restricted web sites from Australia.
|Rank||Provider||Starting Price||Visit Provider Site|
|1||ExpressVPN||$8.32 /Month||Visit Provider Site|
|2||Hidemyass||$11.52 /Month||Visit Provider Site|
|3||IPvanish||$10.00/Month||Visit Provider Site|
|4||StrongVPN||$21/ 3 Months||Visit Provider Site|
|5||VyprVPN||$14.95/Month||Visit Provider Site|