VPN has become a very important part of our daily lives nowadays because in most of the countries a large portion of web content is restricted and users are unable to enjoy their online freedom. Nowadays many users around the world have VPN accounts to enjoy unrestricted and secure web content. Today, we are going to discuss the simple procedure that shows how to setup a VPN on Mac. Just like other PC users, Mac users are also affected by the internet restrictions from their respective governments and that’s why we are dedicating this entire post to helping those Mac users.
How To Open A VPN Account?
If you are new to VPN then you have to know that to get unrestricted internet access, you will require a VPN service. VPN service providers will provide you with a VPN account to access any online service that you require. There are many popular VPN services which charge a reasonable and decent fee and provide great service. Here in this topic we will be using the HideMyAss VPN service which is one of the top rated VPN providers out there. Obviously, you will require one too, in our opinion you can checkout HideMyAss VPN, PureVPN and StrongVPN because these service providers have positive customer reviews and you can rely on their services. We have provided the list of top 5 recommended VPN service providers at the end of this post for further help.
Configure VPN On Mac:
So, now we are getting back to the point, where we are going to show you how to setup VPN on Mac. You don’t have to worry about anything because it is very easy and quick procedure, you have to follow following steps to configure VPN on your Mac:
1) First of all, open System Preferences and then press Network.
2) After that click on the ‘+’ sign located on the left panel which will allow you to add a new service. Now you will see a new window.
3) In the first option saying Interface, select VPN, select PPTP in the VPN Type option. In the third text box saying Service Name, enter the name of this new service.
4) After that a new screen will appear. In the Server Address, enter the address which has been provided to you by your service provider, fill out other details if provided, and then click Connect.
5) Now, you will see the VPN Connection screen, in this screen of course you will have to enter the username and password which will be provided by your VPN service provider. After that hit OK.
6) Now get back to the Network window and choose the VPN service you have created just now. Click Advanced and check the box saying Send all traffic over VPN connection.
After following these steps correctly, your VPN will be setup successfully and you can enjoy the online freedom on your Mac.
Best VPN Service Providers:
As promised in the middle of the article, below is the list of top 5 VPN service Providers:
|Rank||Provider||Starting Price||Visit Provider Site|
|1||ExpressVPN||$8.32 /Month||Visit Provider Site|
|2||Hidemyass||$11.52 /Month||Visit Provider Site|
|3||IPvanish||$10.00/Month||Visit Provider Site|
|4||StrongVPN||$21/ 3 Months||Visit Provider Site|
|5||VyprVPN||$14.95/Month||Visit Provider Site|