VPN service is one of the most subscribed online services in the market today and part of it is due to the fact that, there are loads of features offered to the subscriber. VPN service provides a lot of attractive features to the users and there is no other better service in the industry at the moment that could get the users all they need. VPN service provides security and anonymity to the subscriber and these two features are two of the most vital features provided by VPN. Security and anonymity provided by VPN service providers is through their network parameters.
Encryption, protocol and tunneled internet network are three of the key factors which are responsible for making the network secure and anonymous under all situations. There are different types of protocol networks and the level of security provided by these protocols differs from one another. The most common types of protocols include L2TP, SSTP, IPSec, OpenVPN and PPTP. VPN service providers offer internet network that operates based on these types of protocols. In this article, we will study in detail about L2TP VPN setup on Windows.
L2TP VPN setup on Windows
Before we discuss about the L2TP VPN setup on Windows, users should know about L2TP protocol network in general. Type of protocol network provided by VPN service plays a crucial role in determining the quality of features that you may get. The level of security and anonymity that you may get from the service will differ based on the type of protocol network.
Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol based internet network provided by VPN service provides a highly secure internet network when compared to PPTP. There are a lot of VPN service providers in the market providing L2TP protocol based internet network. L2TP protocol supports almost all the devices possessed by the user, which is one of the key positive aspects of this protocol. It is quite easy to setup L2TP VPN on Windows.
L2TP VPN setup on Windows – Instructions
Users can follow the step by step instructions given below to setup L2TP VPN on Windows.
- Type VPN in the search tab and that should lead you to a page showing ‘Set up a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- IP address and Destination name should be entered in the first page. IP address and other account particulars will be provided to the subscriber by their service provider.
- You need to set the type of Protocol network to be “L2TP VPN” in the respective field. You will find this option in the advanced settings page.
- Fill all the particulars in their respective fields correctly. If any one particular is not correct, you will not be able to establish the VPN connection so double check everything.
- Username and Password should also be entered in the respective field.
Follow these simple instructions for L2TP VPN setup on Windows. You can find the new VPN connection in the main page. You can also find it in the ‘Network and Sharing Center’.
Best 5 L2TP VPN setup on Windows
In the table below you can find the top 5 L2TP VPN setup on Windows.
|Rank||Provider||Starting Price||Visit Provider Site|
|1||ExpressVPN||$8.32 /Month||Visit Provider Site|
|2||Hidemyass||$11.52 /Month||Visit Provider Site|
|3||IPvanish||$10.00/Month||Visit Provider Site|
|4||StrongVPN||$21/ 3 Months||Visit Provider Site|
|5||VyprVPN||$14.95/Month||Visit Provider Site|