Many of the users may not have the proper idea between a VPN service with a shared IP and a VPN service with a dedicated IP. It is particularly important to get a better concept between a dedicated IP address and shared IP address before using a VPN service as you will get a clear view about the services during the selection of VPN services.
What is the Difference Between a Shared IP VPN and a Dedicated IP VPN?
However, there are two types of VPN IP addresses available for the Internet users that have been offered by the VPN service providers. VPN service will provide you an IP address that will cover up your real IP address in order to get all types accesses in the cyber space. This shared or dedicated IP address can be from different countries or from a different state of your own country. But this IP address will never be like your real IP address that has been provided by your Internet service provider.
A dedicated IP address is set for an individual Internet user which will be reserved just for user’s own use while surfing through the Internet. Besides, a shared IP address is given by the VPN service provider which is given to other users to at the same time. That indicates that the shared IP address can be used by other VPN users and it seems that all sorts of Internet activities will be done through a same IP address.
Benefits of Both Shared and Dedicated IP VPN:
However, there are several advantages of having a reserved IP address while surfing through the Internet world. Some of them are listed below:
- If you can use a dedicated IP address, then you will not have to worry about getting blocked by any of the Internet service that will happen if you choose to use a shared IP address. Moreover, your Internet service provider can block the IP address that has been shared by many users in order to secure user’s privacy issue.
- A dedicated IP address will open up all the ports available in your Internet connection and this will give you a chance of not using the remote port.
- If you prefer to use different country’s IP address, it will be better to have a dedicated IP address in order to secure your browsing period. It will certainly help you to get access to another country’s service and create an IP address of that respective country.
There are some advantages of a shared IP address as well which may influence the users to sign up. Some of them are listed below:
- Basically, a dedicated IP address will provide an access to a particular VPN service of a specific country. If you sign up for a VPN service of a particular country through a dedicated IP address, you can just make connection to that country’s VPN server through your VPN service provider. If you prefer to use a shared IP address, you will get chance to access a wider range of VPN servers around the world. Please note that, some of the VPN providers allow changing between the VPN servers through using a dedicated IP address. But most of the VPN service providers do not offer this service to the users which will create a less profitable situation while using a VPN service.
- If you choose to have a shared IP address, you will get more chance to use like an anonymous user as this IP address will be used by many of the Internet users. Therefore, it may not be possible to detect your IP address for hacking your personal information.
Many VPN service providers provide both types of services. Especially the ones that are market leaders in VPN service providing cover a wide range of VPN services for their customers.
Best VPN Services Providers:
It is difficult to decide which one would be the best choice for you. However, you can compare between the services below and also use free trial services to decide for yourself.
|Rank||Provider||Starting Price||Visit Provider Site|
|1||ExpressVPN||$8.32 /Month||Visit Provider Site|
|2||TotalVPN||$7.49 /Month||Visit Provider Site|
|3||IPvanish||$10.00/Month||Visit Provider Site|
|4||StrongVPN||$21/ 3 Months||Visit Provider Site|
|5||VyprVPN||$14.95/Month||Visit Provider Site|