Most of the VPN subscribers use the network service using their laptops or personal computers, which is quite common. With the latest version of Windows 10 OS you should know how to setup VPN on Windows 10 in order to establish the internet connection correctly. Virtual Private Network is used for attaining a lot of features which are unlikely to achieve otherwise. Proper setup procedure will only help the subscriber in using the network. Here in this article we are giving you a step by step manual procedure to setup VPN on Windows 10. Follow the instructions properly and setup VPN on your device and use it effectively.
Setup VPN on Windows 10
Before you go ahead with the setup process, you should have subscribed for a reliable VPN package and the service provider you subscribe to will give you all the account particulars. All these account particulars should be kept confidential and you will need these parameters in setting up VPN on Windows 10. A new VPN connection should be setup on your Windows 10 laptop or PC and that is the only way using which you can setup VPN so that is the first step. Account parameters such as server address, username, password, and other account particulars will be sent to you by the service provider via email and you must keep these details with you before we proceed any further.
Step by Step Guidelines
In order to setup VPN on Windows 10 follow the guidelines we have given here –
- Click on the ‘Internet Access icon’ which you could find in the bottom left corner of your home page.
- Once you click on that, a pop-up menu will open and in that list you should click on ‘Network settings’.
- In the ‘Network and Internet settings’ page, select ‘VPN’.
- In the resulting pop-up select, ‘Add a VPN connection’.
- Add a VPN connection page will contain certain fields and you should fill them up correctly.
- VPN provider field should be set to ‘Windows (built-in)’
- Connection name field should be filled by you. You can name your connection with the term you would like.
- Server name and address will be provided to you in the welcome email, just type them in the respective fields correctly.
- VPN type should be the type of VPN service that your provider is offering. If it is PPTP then choose ‘Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)’. Other options can also be selected from the drop down menu.
- Make sure that ‘Type of sign-in info’ is set to Username and Password.
- Enter your Username and Password in the respective fields.
- In the end, make sure to check the box ‘Remember my sign-in info’ and after that click on ‘Save’.
- Connecting to a VPN connection is very easy after setting up VPN on Windows 10 by following steps 1 to 6 given above. The new VPN connection that has been setup now can be seen in the ‘Network and Internet settings panel’.
- Just select the new VPN connection and click on ‘Connect’. Now you can make use of the VPN connection quite easily.
You can disconnect the VPN connection just like the technique used to connect to the VPN on Windows 10. Follow all the guidelines we have given here and you should not face any problem in setting up VPN on your Windows 10 based laptop or PC.
Best 5 VPN on Windows 10
In the table below, our technical experts have listed the top 5 VPN on Windows 10.
|Rank||Provider||Starting Price||Visit Provider Site|
|1||ExpressVPN||$8.32 /Month||Visit Provider Site|
|2||Hidemyass||$11.52 /Month||Visit Provider Site|
|3||IPvanish||$10.00/Month||Visit Provider Site|
|4||StrongVPN||$21/ 3 Months||Visit Provider Site|
|5||VyprVPN||$14.95/Month||Visit Provider Site|