Microsoft Windows is undoubtedly the leading operating system for the computers in all around the world and Microsoft is real proud of their product too. Not long ago Microsoft launched the latest version of Windows called Windows 8 which brings the Windows Phone like Live-tile-screen for the users that replaces the start menu. Windows 8 has so many other new features and it looks so much better than the previous Windows builds but still it’s a fairly new update and still it has not reached everywhere around the world. Still, most of the computers around the globe are running on Windows 7. After the launch of the ultra-successful Windows XP, Microsoft brought Windows Vista update which was better than XP by design and aesthetics but in terms of functionality it took many negative reviews. And after that Windows 7 was released which offered a pretty amazing design as well as complete functionality and smooth user experience.
VPN on Window’s 7:
Windows 7 is undoubtedly one of the best Windows builds and today we will be discussing ways through which we can configure a VPN connection on a Windows 7 PC. Before talking about the step by step process of setting up Windows VPN, let us talk a little about what VPN is, as there are still a few people who are not aware of it.
Virtual Private Network:
A VPN is a private network which allows users to get their internet activity secured by entering into a virtual tunnel which cannot be accessed by anyone without permission. There are many uses of VPN, but one of the most common uses is that it allows Business users to connect to their secured workplace network and access anything from a remote location without endangering any of the confidential data. So, basically a VPN will connect you to a remote server and protect all your internet activity by a secured tunnel.
Steps for Configuring VPN on Windows 7:
If you have the basic know-how of the internet and Windows, then you will find no trouble in setting up VPN for Windows as Windows 7 is designed to setup a VPN connection with so much ease. So, follow the following steps to setup a Windows VPN:
- First of all go to Start menu and type VPN in the search bar, the first option that says Set up a Virtual Private Connection will appear, click it.
- Now, the wizard will ask you to enter IP or domain name of the VPN you want to setup, you can get it by the VPN service provider you are using.
- On the next screen, it will ask you to enter the Username and Password for the VPN connection.You can add it now or even later.
- Once the connection is created, you can find it in the Network menu on the right side of the taskbar.
- If you have followed all the steps correctly, you will be able to connect to the desired VPN connection by providing the right credentials for logging in.
Best VPN Service Providers for Windows 7:
There are tons of VPN service providers in the market but only a few provide great services. Following is the list of top VPN service providers who can provide you with great VPN services:
|Rank||Provider||Starting Price||Visit Provider Site|
|1||TotalVPN||$4.95/ Month||Visit Provider Site|
|2||ExpressVPN||$8.32 /Month||Visit Provider Site|
|3||IPvanish||$10.00/Month||Visit Provider Site|
|4||StrongVPN||$21/ 3 Months||Visit Provider Site|
|5||VyprVPN||$14.95/Month||Visit Provider Site|